Friday 3 June 2016

Infinity Dreams Award

Last month, a notification popped up on my Twitter letting me know that Renna (from Renna’s Discoveries) had nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award. It’s always lovely when people select me for things, I’m just sorry it’s taken so long to write the post!


As with the other blogger awards, the rules are as follows:

Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them (thanks again Renna!)
Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
Give your nominees 11 questions to answer about themselves
Tag as many other bloggers as you wish

So without further ado, here’s my Infinity Dreams post:

11 Random Facts About Me

1. I formulate drugs for a living (legally of course!)
2. Every time I watch ‘The Time Travellers Wife’, I cry - not little tears though, I’m a full blown snottery mess!
3. I’m crap at doing my own makeup, and even get my 9 year old daughter in to help!
4. I’m currently making it my mission to visit every Hard Rock Café in the world
5. I really enjoy playing video games and you can find me most nights, running through a Halo mission on the Xbox
6. When I was younger I appeared on BBC Radio York
7. I’m getting married in less than a year!!
8. As part of my work, I regularly get to play with a 3D printer
9. My favourite book is World War Z (but I thought the movie was awful!)
10. I’m terrified of submarines!
11. I once saw Jerome Flynn (Bronn – GOT) in a hotel I was staying at, and I couldn’t stop talking about it for weeks!

My Questions and Answers

1. What’s your favourite breakfast?

I’m usually really bad with this and often skip the most important meal of the day. On a good day, I only have time to grab a Muller Light yoghurt from the fridge before I have to jump in the shower and start the working day. If I was to describe the best breakfast I’ve ever had, it has to be the buffet on offer at the fantastic Crieff Hydro hotel in Perthshire. The spread is very generous and the potato scones are cooked to perfection – I can’t wait for my next stay, hopefully it’s in the near future!

2. What kind of exercise do you do in the week?

In all honesty, not much. I’m so busy with lab work and looking after the kids, that I’m shattered by the time I get home. The most exercise I manage is the two flights of stairs I’m continually climbing from my desk to the lab. When we have a bit more money, I might join a gym for the weekends, I certainly need to make a bit more of an effort!

3. Do you have any pets currently, or have you ever had pets?

When I lived with my Mum and Dad, we had a total of three West Highland White Terriers throughout my childhood. I also had a Chinese Dwarf Hamster a couple of years ago, but she had a stroke and died. Our current letting agreement doesn’t allow us to have pets, so we won’t be considering any more until we finally buy our own house – although Paul really wants to get a big dog and call him Maximus!

4. What would you like to achieve in the next six months?

All my plans over the next six months are PhD related. My work has not been progressing very well, so I really need to pick up the pace to have any hope of graduating on time. If I can keep my blog afloat during these months, it will be an unexpected bonus!

5. Give us a story from one of your best holidays abroad

I have a weird obsession with grocery stores and I always enjoy going for my weekly food shopping. When I went to Miami with my friend Laura, I was so excited to visit the local ‘Publix’, that I got up super early and begged her Uncle’s girlfriend to take me with her. Like my local Tesco, this store had a foreign food aisle, so I excitedly ran towards the British section. When I returned to the house with a mint Aero bar (twice as expensive as in the UK), Laura just shook her head and questioned my sanity. I’m sure she still wonders if I’m right in the head!

6. What books are you reading currently?

I’ve just finished the first Walking Dead novel (Rise Of The Governor) as part of my book club, and enjoyed it so much that I’ve moved on to the sequel (The Road To Woodbury). These books are extremely entertaining and have the added benefit of zombies – my favourite!

7. What’s the best thing on TV at the moment?

It’s a cross between Game of Thrones and Grey’s Anatomy. There’s always the likelihood of a beloved character death and both contain a suitable amount of blood and guts to satisfy my need for gore!

8. Do you have a restaurant recommendation that you can share?

I was recently asked along to The Trading House in Glasgow, to review their family Sunday roast! We had such a great time, that I’m already planning my next outing there, perhaps to catch one of their cocktail master class sessions. If the cocktails are half a tasty as the mocktail below, I will never need to visit anywhere else again!
 
 
9. Is there something you would really like to do, but don’t know if it’s even possible?

I would love to jump in the DeLorean and travel back in time, but I’m pretty sure this is not currently possible – perhaps settling for a DeLorean road trip through the States would be enough!

10. What are you doing at 5.30pm during the week?

Enjoying the comfort of a Scottish Citylink coach, as I travel back home from Glasgow. The current road works on the M8 make this journey longer than it has to be, so I’m almost always still on the bus at this time.

11. What is your most viewed blog post?

My most viewed blog post of all time is ‘5 Inconvenient Truths About Being A Teen Mum’. I suppose it’s a relatively risky topic, as I don’t want to be seen as glorifying the experience, but I also think it’s an important discussion point in today’s society. I had a bit of backlash on Twitter after releasing the post, but the majority of people were very supportive – I love my fellow bloggers!

My Nominees

It’s always difficult to choose people for these awards, so I decided to select a couple of bloggers who are relatively new. That way, we can find out a bit more about them and the things they get up to!


Questions for my nominees

1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. How did you choose the name for your blog?
3. Are there any bloggers who have inspired you?
4. What was the last thing you saw at the cinema?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
6. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you buy (maybe a holiday to No. 5)?
7. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done? Do you regret it? ;)
8. Chocolate or Cheese?
9. Do you have any crazy habits that annoy people?
10. What’s your best Cards Against Humanity memory?
11. Finally, if you could give any advice to a younger version of yourself, what would it be?

I hope you’ve enjoyed finding out a little more about me, I can’t wait to read the posts from my nominees.
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm loving reading all about my fellow bloggers. Time travelling sounds like the perfect dream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I suppose it depends the circumstances of the time travel, not really sure I'd want to be part of the GOT time travel storyline right now! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love posts like this, not only is it a great way of sharing the blogging love but it's really interesting to see what the writer has to say x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I always try to make posts like this interesting. I'm not usually blogging specifically about myself, so posts like this give people a better idea who I am :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig