Tuesday 25 September 2018

30 Before 30 – A Quick Update

Back in June, I wrote a list of 30 things that I want to do/achieve before I’m 30, with the whole idea being that surely I could stick to something if I wrote it down where people could see! Given that I’m now four months into my 30th year, I thought I should re-evaluate how much I’ve managed to tick off the list…
 

The answer – not much!
 
So far, I’ve only managed to achieve one of my goals – 3. Give birth for the last time! Our beautiful little girl, Iris, came in to the world on Sunday the 19th August 2018 and we’ve been enjoying every moment since! As such, it’s been very difficult to get anything done now that we are a family of five, especially when that involves transporting the whole brood somewhere. I knew that babies take up a lot of one’s time, but that feels like the understatement of the century as I sit here practically drowning in laundry! Despite this I’m determined to make a bigger dent in my list over the next four months, I don’t want to leave everything to the last third of my year!
 
Now that Paul has been back at work for a couple of weeks, we are starting to get established in our own wee routine and I’m definitely in a better mind set to get stuff done, allowing for some progress towards the remainder of my goals:
 
- I’m not any further forward with my PhD thesis (Goal 1), but I did email my boss today, so I’m counting that as progress!
 
- I’ve arranged to meet a few blogger friends for cake in a couple of weeks, and I’m trying to set up monthly dates with me and my Mum, so I’m counting this as progress towards Goal 10 – spending more time with friends and family.
 
- The fact that I’m forcing myself to sit down and write this post, less than a week after my last post, is evidence that I’m at least trying to stick to a semi-regular blog schedule again (Goal 18).
 
As for everything else on the list, they continue to be works in progress. If you check back with me in January, I hope to have more to update you with. Unfortunately, any of my goals which involve significant travel are likely to stay unfinished before my birthday. Money is just too much of an issue for us right now, and is likely to remain so… unless we win the lottery, ha!

Do any of you guys have a list of things you want to do in life? What goals are you working towards?
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I mean, even if the only thing you manage to do with this year is grow a human (it won't be, but you know) that's a pretty significant achievement!

    Before I turn 37 I may get around to finishing off my 40 before 40 list, haha.

    Lis / last year's girl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've done an awful lot it sounds though! even if you haven't fully finished your checklist, you're trying and that is what matters :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a list of 40 before 40. When I made it I thought I'm going to do everything on it, now I don't think is possible. Although, how knows, maybe I'll be able to make it. Anyway, the whole point of these lists is to try to make a few changes or try something new, so even if only a few items are checked off the list, it's still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig