Thursday 10 November 2016

Feeling Festive With The Body Shop Sauchiehall Street

We’re done with Halloween, and Bonfire Night has passed – now it’s time to start feeling festive, right? With the launch of The Body Shop’s Christmas range, I think the answer to that question is, most definitely, yes! Given my general excitement surrounding the whole of the winter season, I was delighted to be sent an invite for The Body Shop’s VIP Christmas shopper event – I was even allowed to bring my Mum along as a guest!


I’d been to one of their VIP events before, back when the summer Piñita Colada range was released, but I was super pleased that my Mum could come along too, especially as she is crazy about The Body Shop! I also spotted a few familiar blogging faces through the crowds (Miss Linny O, Fruity Flamingo, Caffeinated Reactions), but didn’t get the chance to speak as I was loaded with the cold and didn’t stay for long. Luckily, the staff were on hand with festive nibbles and some Prosecco, which kept my flu symptoms at bay long enough to shop!
 
This year, we have three main scents which dominate the festive products: Frosted Berries, Vanilla Chai and Spiced Apple. Each one is available across the complete range of regular products (Body Butter, Body Scrub, Shower Gel etc), but also comes conveniently packaged in varying sizes of gift set – perfect for every budget! The Frosted Berries reminds me of the Cranberry scent from previous years, but subtler and with a more general fruity scent. The Spiced Apple is also very similar to last year’s ‘Glazed Apple’ range, but this one has an extra ‘kick’ of cinnamon, making it all the more Christmassy! Vanilla Chai is lusciously creamy and scrumptious, and offers shoppers an alternative option to the fruity scents which always seem to dominate at this time of year.

If this wasn’t enough to get me excited, The Body Shop has a selection of beauty advent calendars on its shelves just waiting for me to take them home! I mean, who doesn’t love the magic of opening up a different door every day in the run up to Christmas?! Advent calendars are a perfect way to recapture your childhood memories, and these ones are packed full of fantastic products and great value for money – the most expensive is £99, but contains £170 of products!

Last, but not least, are the new range of Pick ‘n’ Mix bath fizzers - ideal for stocking fillers, or as a wee gift for the kids. At £1 each, and in four different flavours (plum, vanilla, poppy and cranberry), there’s plenty to choose from, just fill a wee bag with your mix up and you’re sorted!

 
I couldn’t leave the store without buying anything, so I treated myself to the smallest Frosted Berries gift set and a tube of the Frosted Berries hand cream. Hand creams in The Body Shop are fantastic, and I’d just run out of my coconut one that morning, so I knew that would be high up on my wish list! We were also given a goodie bag, packed full of brilliant treats: Spiced Apple candle, full sized Spiced Apple shower gel, Frosted Berries lip balm and a ‘Reggie Jnr’ bath sponge. With all these wonderful products, I’m well stocked up in time for Christmas, but I’m sure I won’t be able to resist picking up more in the coming months!


 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I have never really shopped in the body shop, but that frosted berries sounds good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, I've got the travel size shower gel away with me on a work trip this week, and its wonderful to wake up with in the morning! :)

      Delete
  2. Body shop make some great Christmas gifts, they usually have a great selection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first year I've liked every one of their Christmas scents, I can't wait to go back for more! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah I love Christmas gifts at The Body Shop - definitely going to have to pick up the Frosted Berries stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frosted berries stuff is gorgeous, I absolutely love the hand cream I picked up! :)

      Delete
  4. I am a huge body shop fan! I spotted the advent calendars but way out of my price range hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, I'm just hinting to my other half that they'd be perfect! ;)

      Delete
  5. The Body Shop always has great stuff for Christmas! I love giving it and receiving it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, you can't go wrong with a gift from the body shop! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh Christmas at The Body Shop! They always have such amazing christmas items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to see if any make it under my tree this year! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I always look forward to The Body Shop's Christmas ranges, the Vanilla Chai scent sounds so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely, I think I may have to buy some when I get back from my travels! :)

      Delete
  8. I always love the body shop Christmas stuff and the packaging is so cute and festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gift sets are so lovely, especially the wee apple shaped ones! :)

      Delete
  9. I've always loved body shop and I think their Xmas gifts are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they?! I hope some come my way this Christmas! :)

      Delete
  10. The Body Shop is a recent love of mine, I love everything they do! Especially their latest Christmas range. It's perfect and gets your into the festive spirit! The packaging adds a special touch aswell.

    Gemma �� An Ocean Glimmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, I think the personalised body butters are great as stocking fillers! :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig