Monday 29 February 2016

Bonus Time with Clinique and John Lewis

I don’t know anything much about makeup and I’ve never really paid attention to beauty products of any kind. Since starting my blog, I have come across so many beauty bloggers, or posts about beauty products, and I’m embarrassed to admit that it’s like reading a foreign language! I’m a girl, I’m supposed to know about this stuff right? My current skin care products have just run out, so at the age of 26, I think it’s finally time I took better care of myself!


My usual route to the bus home from Glasgow takes me through a John Lewis department store - specifically past all the makeup counters – so when I saw that Clinique had a ‘Bonus Time’ event, I took it as a sign! My Mum swears by this brand, and has been trying to get me interested for a good few years now, so I finally plucked up the courage to talk to someone and admit I didn’t have a clue what I was doing!

The consultant who spoke to me was called Lorraine and I couldn’t have asked for a nicer person to help me. I explained how my skin usually felt, and what products I have used in the past, and she soon had me sorted with a new regime. After confirming I had ‘combination oily’ skin (or skin type 3), Lorraine recommended I start out with Clinique’s 3 Step Skin Care System. This consists of 1: a liquid facial soap (to cleanse), 2: a clarifying lotion (to exfoliate) and 3: a moisturising gel (to… well, moisturise). Step 3 also comes as a moisturising lotion, but my skin is oily, so it’s important that I don’t use a product that adds yet more oil – the gel only adds moisture.

To qualify for the ‘Bonus Time’ free gift, I only needed to buy two products, one of which had to be skincare. Neatly presented in a beautiful yellow make-up bag were a selection of miniature products, perfect for introducing me to more of the range! The following is a list of all the goodies:

Repairwear laser focus SPF 15 line smoothing cream (15ml)
Repairwaer laser focus wrinkle correcting eye cream (5ml)
Take the day off makeup remover for lids, lashes & lips (50ml)
High impact mascara in black
Quickliner for eyes intense in intense black
An eyeshadow palette in a choice of either purples or browns
 
As an extra treat (because I bought three products), a 100ml bottle of Clinique’s ‘moisture surge’ overnight mask was also included - fantastic!

Despite the cost, I’m so glad I finally took the plunge and invested in a proper skincare regime. Our skin is a crucial barrier to the environment and it’s important that we look after it properly! For anyone interested in taking advantage of this fantastic offer, the event is exclusive to John Lewis and runs until the 5th of March (this Saturday) - hurry along to your nearest store to avoid disappointment!
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. It seems like there are alot of beauty bloggers about, beauty and fashion seems to be the top, but you've got something diferent i think. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, given that beauty and fashion are so popular, I couldn't help but find myself stumbling through various blogs from those themes. Made me realise how little I know though lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm a beauty blogger, however I have never tried Clinique as it really doesn't interest me much. It's good that you have your own niche though, unlike all of us beauty bloggers you're something fresh ! X

    Whitney | Beauty Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney, although I'm not sure I will be doing many beauty posts... I have never been particularly good at makeup or anything, so I'm too nervous to talk about it that much. I can't even bring myself to put selfies on Instagram lol :)

      Delete
  3. I like how you have wrote this post, for me I'm not into beauty and fashion but I did enjoy reading about your skin care products. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Kirsty! I'm not sure I will ever be good at makeup, but I'm hoping to avoid the 'fell out of bed' look :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig