Friday 13 May 2016

Tropical Tuesday With The Body Shop

It finally feels like summer is approaching and what better way to celebrate, than by treating yourself to a few holiday essentials? I’m a huge fan of The Body Shop (always have been), so when I heard they were having a bloggers only VIP event to showcase their new summer range (last Tuesday), I dropped everything to ensure I was there!
 

This was my first ever blogger event and I cannot even begin to describe how nervous I was! A lot of people had signed up - people whose blogs I read regularly – and the thought of mingling with them was like planning to turn up to a celebrity after-party unannounced! I even spied one of my favourite bloggers across the store, but couldn’t pluck up the courage to speak to her… Maybe another time.
 
Upon arrival, we were ushered inside and away from the wind tunnel that Sauchiehall Street had become. We were given a Piña Colada and some tropical nibbles to enjoy while we networked and waited for others to arrive. Once everyone was there, we let the experts ‘wow us’ with the new products on offer…
 
 
Headlining The Body Shop’s summer products is the new ‘Piñita Colada’ range. Pronounced like ‘Anita’ - but with ‘Pi’ instead of ‘A’ - the Piñita Colada is supposedly a virgin Piña Colada, but some of the staff think it’s a nod to Anita Roddick, the founder of The Body Shop. In any case, this range is fantastic! A subtler scent than the regular favourites, it was difficult to distinguish over the other products in store. Reapplying in the comfort of my own home, the smell is much more evident and mimics a Piña Colada perfectly. All you need is to lather yourself in this body butter, or shower with the gel, and you are instantly transported to the Carribean – I’m left wishing I was jetting off to the tropics this summer!
 
Also in the summer range is Polynesian Island Tiaré eau de toilette. A refreshing floral scent, inspired by the Polynesian Tiaré flower, the range also features body lotion and shower gel. I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a huge fan of floral perfumes, but this one wasn’t overpowering in any way. I’m still unlikely to choose it over my regular perfumes, but it’s worth investigating if you fancy a new holiday scent this year.
 
I couldn’t leave the store without buying anything and, of course, there was a conveniently packaged gift box of the Piñita Colada range that fit just within my budget! With full sized pots of both the body butter and body scrub, and a miniature shower gel, I’m suitably stocked up for the summer – no doubt I will return for more before these limited edition products disappear!
 
 

Have you tried any of the new ranges? Do you have any other favourite  summer products?
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I haven't been to The Body Shop for years. Love the sound of the new range though so I'll have to pop in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going again this weekend, and I'm going to drag my partner in too so he can take note for my birthday! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks amazing, I can't wait to try out this new range. I'll have to pop down there. Not too sure why I've never read your blog before, it's amaaaazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Olivia, I'm still surprised when people tell me they read it! :)

      Delete
  3. I really should head back to the body shop! Brings back teenage memories! I really wish I liked coconut because you make it sound so invigorating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should stop in on our next shopping trip and treat ourselves to something nice! :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like an amazing event ... will keep my eyes peeled for the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant, I didn't even know I liked pina coladas! :)

      Delete
  5. My daughter is a huge fan of the Body Shop. Whenever we go shopping we have to go in and I usually end up literally dragging her out! I'm a big fan of their body butters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body butters are the best! At one point I had about 10 of the large pots sitting in my bedroom, and I still went out to buy more! :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig