Sunday 9 October 2016

Lush Christmas 2016

I’m sure most of you will have noticed the sudden appearance of Christmas items - especially now that we’ve entered October - however, I’m always extremely excited when Lush begins to introduce its festive products. This year, I was invited along to Lush Livingston’s VIP shopper event for an exclusive chance to celebrate my absolute favourite time of year! After recently reuniting with members of Paul’s family, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with his sister, Nicole - she also has a blog over at Coco Made Her Do It, and she was fantastic company for the evening. I couldn’t quite believe she’d never sampled any Lush products before, so I made sure she left knowing how amazing Snow Fairy is!
 

Nicole picked me up and we headed along to The Centre for our fun-filled Christmas evening. Upon arrival, cakes were laid out ready and glasses of some wonderfully fizzy, spiced beverage were passed around the guests. Nicole swore that it tasted exactly like apple pie, but I was on a fast day and had to decline. I did take a cake for later, but it had been sitting in close proximity to a lot of bath bombs all evening and the icing tasted suspiciously like Lush products - still amazing though!
 
We were split into groups and then sent off to different stations to learn all about the fantastic things Lush have to offer. The knot wrap station was first on our list and had a fantastic variety of products in its showcase. Lush have always been committed to being sustainable and one of the girls explained to us that the amount of wrapping paper we use each year is enough to cover the surface of our planet and is difficult to recycle. Hence, Lush have developed a system of knot wrapping, which we were able to attempt during our evening. I wrapped up a couple of bath bombs (almost) by myself, but fell in love with the individual bath bomb wraps, especially the cute little sprout!
 
My attempt... with a little help from the staff ;)
Next was the hand massage station. We had a choice of the candied snow fairy scent, or a rich lavender body lotion called ‘Sleepy’. Already familiar with ‘Snow Fairy’, I opted for the other alternative and was so impressed, I had to grab some at the end of the evening. The body lotion was massaged into my skin and I was then treated to a sprinkle of dusting powder. For those unfamiliar with this product, it is basically talc, but with glitter, which gives the skin added sparkle after application. Like the body lotion, we had a choice of the same two scents, so I continued with the lavender theme. The dusting powder with this scent was called ‘Mr Sandman’, so this was also a must for the basket!
 
The third station was the most exciting and totally made my evening - we were presented with two different bowls of damp powder, one red and one white, and given the chance to make a ‘Ruby Red Slipper’ bubble bar and a ‘Butterbear’ bath bomb. I was especially excited about the bath bomb because it’s one of my all-time favourite scents! Thankfully, the ingredients for both products were already pre-mixed, so all we had to do was pop them in a mould and leave them to set. The bubble bar is immediately removed from the mould and left to harden, but the bath bomb is left in the mould and only removed after waiting for 24 hours. Amazingly, both my products worked out perfectly, I can’t wait to jump in a bath and use them!
 
 
 
To tie up the evening, we were given the opportunity to play with some of the Christmas themed ‘Fun’ products. ‘Fun’ is one of Lush’s more interesting creations, and a huge hit with both my kids. It is essentially ‘bath Play-Doh’, and allows for endless hours of entertainment in creating colourful bath sculptures, which can then be popped in the bath like any of the other bath products! I am the least creative person I know, so I settled for a couple of presents as my creation. Nicole was a bit more inventive with her ‘Reverse Christmas Pudding’, but the Lush staff won, hands down, with their artistic flair!
 
 
 
After a quick description of the remaining seasonal products we’d yet to see, we were released on the shop to spend our pocket money! Compared with all my other Lush hauls, I definitely went a little over the top with this one, but it’s so difficult to restrain myself at Christmas! I did try and aim for a bit of variety and you can check out what I bagged below:
 
 
‘Sleepy’ body lotion - £7.95 per 95g
‘Snow Fairy’ shower gel - £7.95 per 250g
‘Mr Sandman’ dusting powder - £7.50 per 40g
‘Sugar Plum Fairy’ lip scrub - £5.75 per tub
‘Shooting Stars’ soap - £3.50 per 100g
‘Never Mind The Ballistics’ bath bomb - £4.25 per bomb
‘Shoot For The Stars’ bath bomb - £4.25 per bomb
‘So White’ bath bomb - £3.75 per bomb

This was a fantastic evening, and I’m glad I’d saved enough birthday money to pick up the things I wanted, but the best part was definitely getting the chance to spend time with Nicole again - she is great company and I hope we can get together again soon!
 
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I know what i will be getting people for christmas!!

    http://planetjodie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great selection, there's something for everyone! :)

      Delete
  2. I really love LUSH products, they're amazing, especially the bath bombs. Gosh playing with LUSH products sounds amazing, I love that it's like playdough and makes the bath colourful! How cool! The ruby red slipper looks cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'Fun' is most definitely going in the kids' Christmas stockings, they will absolutely love it! :)

      Delete
  3. I love lush but i do save myself for boxing day. I still have bottles of snow fairy left over from last xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never managed to get to the boxing day sale yet, but I'm determined to try this year, I absolutely love the stuff! :)

      Delete
    2. You really should! Its insane! My tip would be to get there as early as you can!

      Delete
    3. I'm sure my partner will be all too happy to roll out of bed at 5am on the 26th haha! ;)

      Delete
  4. How cool. I bet this was really fun! I really like the lush brand too...and soon we are moving house and will have a bath! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I can't imagine not being able to have a bath! You will have to buy all the products, for quality testing of course! ;)

      Delete
  5. The Butterbear bath bomb is possibly the cutest bath bomb ever!! I would have spent all night at the wrapping stage I love wrapping gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not convinced I have the hang of this knot wrapping malarkey, I'm willing to give it another try though! :)

      Delete
  6. I love lush and can't wait to try some of the Christmas range I love the look of the shoot for the star's bath bomb and I'll definitely be buying snow fairy again this year. Looks like a fab event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water looks fantastic and is full of blue sparkles when using that one, plus the cocoa butter stars are lovely! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I am looking forward to getting my hands on Sleepy, it sounds divine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, perfect for relaxation at the end of a hard day! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the effort Lush makes at Christmas - just so many lovely products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the whole store is taken over by limited edition products! I always look forward to this time of year! :)

      Delete
  9. I know it is Oct and we should be getting ready for Christmas but it just seems to happen far too early. I am currently living in Italy and it is so refreshing to walk around the shops and see nothing to do with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like getting the chance to enjoy the restive season before everyone else goes crazy with shopping - I'm only little and shopping in crowds stresses me out! :/

      Delete
  10. Oh I adore Lush shops and their products. I can't wait to go Christmas shopping there. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas range definitely lives up to the expectations from previous years, I keep popping back in for more stuff! :)

      Delete
  11. This looks like a really nice event. I was also invited to Lush christmas event but I was too busy to attend! I love the santa claus lush bombs so cute!

    Celia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a shame, hopefully you get another chance in the near future! :)

      Delete
  12. I cannot wait to go into lush and have a splurge with the Christmas range!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the stuff so far, will definitely need to top up my snow fairy soon! :)

      Delete

© Tiggy Poes and Flutterbys. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig